Tuesday, June 30, 2009

it's too nice tonight to be asleep

it's too nice to be inside...for that matter

the sky is full of stars. if it were up to me; I'd turn off every outside light in this neighborhood and just watch the clouds slowly glide by. that might be the only thing i wouldn't like about living in a large city w/ tall buildings and sky-lines...

they would take all the beauty out of the night sky.

I can hear everything so clearly. The sound of my fingers typing on this laptop. the sounds of all the crickets and other bugs. and i can even hear the one sound of whatever animal freaks you out @ night cause you don't expect it. is that an owl? perhaps.

I can even hear the cars off in the distant that are on 96.

i turned off my porch light. and the garage lights as well. not a bright idea. my laptop screen is attracting all the bugs now.

Well. On to point of this blog i guess.

Every time i look up @ the night sky...and see stars just doing their jobs, i think about a song i wrote a llllooonnnggg time ago. might be the one of the first songs i ever wrote for the opposed. ("slow to speak" @ the time...for those of you keeping track or just wanting to know some opposed history) A song called "Bright Mistakes".

i'm going to type out the lyrics as best as i can remember them. and if, by all means, you want to skip this part...you can...trust me...won't hurt my feelings.

"Tell me how could this be
When you're up there and i am way down here
I'm just trying to find my place
in this life that's not perfect...i've made my mistakes

But yet this ground i stand on...holds me down

you don't hold...all of my bright mistakes....my bright mistakes against me

if i let them go, will they all fall down?
or will i see your hand erase the sky tonight?
or just wish on a shooting star for tomorrow to come

But yet this ground i stand on...holds me down

you don't hold...all of my bright mistakes....my bright mistakes against me

When looking @ the night sky...they seem to go away...
"

Most of the songs I write are mostly about feelings that i have felt. ie this song. and if anything...half or a lil less than half aren't about God. ie "farewell to goodbye" (not going to type out the lyrics to that one. if anything...go to itunes and get it. trust me. you'll love it...cause we all have been in that kinda situation before)

Ok, sorry for the A.D.D. moment. Back to what i was talking about.

We've all made mistakes. It's a part about being human. about being flesh and bone. I'm not perfect. Far from it. and you're not perfect. there was only one perfect man. and that was Jesus. and you know how i know that. well. we were all born into sin. sin equals death. just one of the things from bitting the apple. thanks adam and eve! (insert thumbs up here "___")

But while writting "Bright Mistakes", i thought of stars as my mistakes. those in the past. present. and future. and that song is basically a prayer. an honest prayer. for when we ask for forgiveness...the bible says.."I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins" Isaiah 43:25 He doesn't forget, but He chooses not to remember them. Why? His son, Jesus.

Sorry for the preaching there. but. Basically, the song is about letting go about past mistakes. let them fall. it's about God forgiving us of our sins. wiping them away. for we shouldn't worry about tomorrow. for we have enough to worry about today. tomorrow isn't promised.

and now since all that was said...

As some of you know. and that's a small amount...i would hope. and as most of all of you don't know. something might happen here sooner or later...that i have no control of. something cause of my stupid, selfish actions. Right now i will not go into detail. but. whoever might be reading this. I need your prayers. cause it effects...well...to be honest. my life. and the life of others. it's nothing over-the-top. like death or anything. but something that i don't want to take lightly. should of thought about all that @ the time being...but like i said...my selfishness.

I'm sorry for the long winded blog/preaching/lyrically based blog...(and i don't think that sentenced made any sence) but i hope you got something out of it.

i hope you get something out of all these stupid lil post i make. even if it's one sentence. i truly hope you do

Good Night All. and God Bless!

-Edwin <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home